Netcare, the largest private hospital network in South Africa, has two Pharmacy Internship opportunities at Greenacres Hospital. The candidates will report to the Assistant Pharmacy Manager.
During the 12 month fixed term period: The Pharmacist Intern will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team under the supervision of the registered Pharmacist.
The incumbent will also assume responsibility for meeting patients’ needs in a responsible, satisfactory and cost effective manner.
- Dispensing of prescriptions (hospital and retail) under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist.
- Provision of a drug information service;
- Assisting in ethical stock order, stock control and stock counts;
- Implementation of controls to enforce GPP and SOPs to minimise risks;
- Maintain effective relationships with key role players;
- To dispense retail prescriptions and counsel patients und the supervision;
- Communicating professionally and handling queries as per policy;
- Assisting with stock take, stock control and expired stock removal from shelves;
- To assist/offer advice on the use, side-effects, contra-indications and storage of medication;
- Willingness to be involved in ward pharmacy and antibiotics stewardship;
- Administrative Tasks and tidiness of Pharmacy;
- Will be required to work week-ends and shifts according to operational requirements;
- Provision of in-service training towards /staff as required
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF 4 certificate;
- Relevant Pharmaceutical qualification (B pharm. Degree or Dip Pharm);
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, SAP and Internet.
- Sound knowledge of private hospital and retail pharmacy business operations;
- Knowledge of medical ads advantageous.
How to apply
Closing date is 19 September 2017.