Gert Sibande Tvet College Council Invites Suitably Qualified Candidates To Apply For The Following Vacant Posts
Ref No: GSC 32/2019
Centre: Centre For Entrepreneurship Rapid Incubation (CFERI)
Stipend: National Diploma R 5 353.77 And Bachelor’s Degree R 6 609.48
The Bookkeeper Internship will keep accurate records of the Centres financial transactions, monitors delinquent accounts, prepares monthly statements and financial reports, and answers customer questions regarding billing issues. The Bookkeeper Intern will use the Centres accounting system to manage and monitor the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. The Bookkeeper Intern also will also inform the Centre management, monthly or as needed, on the status of the financial statement. Meets Centres Standards for timeliness and accuracy.
Primary Responsibilities And Duties
- Enters customer payment receipts, and other payments in the accounting system.
- Maintains an accounts receivable balance of less than 10% monthly.
- Administers and conducts the Month End Closing Process and accurately prepares Month End Reports for management, maintaining a clean Subsidiary Ledger.
- Reconciles all cash receipts, bank statements, and other accounts monthly.
- Prepares all bank deposits and inter-account bank transfers, as directed by the Centre management.
- Receives and renews all incoming invoices and prepares and mails payment to Head Office, coding invoices accurately to the General Ledger, and keeping payables up to date.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other accounting responsibilities, as requested or assigned by the Centre management.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties, as assigned or requested by the Centre management.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- An appropriate recognized degree/ diploma in Accounting, Financial Management or equivalent relevant qualification in Finance field Computer literacy – Microsoft office, Excel essential.
- High School education, computer processing skills, general accounting and bookkeeping training, record keeping practices and training Ability to perform mathematical calculations accurately, including percentages, fractions, decimals, and simple mathematical formulae.
- Ability to solve practical problems and follow written, verbal or other instructions with several concrete variables.
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize complex information neatly and accurately.
- Ability to compose original correspondence, write reports, have effective interaction with people, and to communicate ideas and receive and process information from others.
- Ability to learn a systematic approach to accounting and to follow the approach without direction to maintain the integrity of the financial data of the Centre.
- Ability to operate computer equipment, business equipment and other general office equipment, including telephones and fax machines.
- Have the ability to talk, to express and exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to clients and other accurately and quickly.
- High-pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption.
- Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work of the positions and physical requirements normal to the position.
- Principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties and other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support principal duties.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision as needs arise.
- Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.
- All requirements may be modified reasonably to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members.
How to Apply:
Applications must be forwarded to:
The Principal/CEO, Gert Sibande TVET College,
P.O. Box 3475,
for attention Manager Acting HR: Mr JM Manana, Human Resources or may be placed in the application container located at the reception: Gert Sibande TVET College, 18a Dr Beyers Naude Street, Standerton.
- Applications must be accompanied by a fully completed and officially signed Z83 form, a comprehensive CV and originally certified copies of all qualification, academic records, ID document and valid driver’s licence not older than 3 months, together with at least three contactable work-related references
- Application Z83 form is available on our website, www.gscollege.co.za or DPSA website
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered
- No faxed or emailed applications will be accepted
- Applicants should submit separate applications where more than one post is applied for
- Selected candidates will be subjected to vetting process and personnel suitability check in terms of minimum information security standard
- The College reserves the right to verify any information received in applications
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered
- Submission of fraudulent documentation and canvassing of Council members or College staff will immediately disqualify the candidate
- Communication will be entered into with successful candidates only
- Should you not receive any response from us within 60 days after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful
- Post reference number should be indicated on the application
- The College reserves the right to withdraw any position at any time.
Closing date: 15 March 2019 at 14:00