The Department of Arts and Culture is inviting applicants who have not participated in any Internship programme and currently unemployed and should not have had previous formal employment related to their field of study. The Internship programme will run for a period of 24 months.
All positions are based in Pretoria. The Department will not make provision for transport and/or accommodation to any candidate whether, travelling from or outside Gauteng. The Department will not provide accommodation to any appointed candidate from or outside Gauteng.
Stipend: R4 000-00 per month
Candidates must have completed a 3 year Degree or National Diploma in any field specified below and who are between the ages of 18 and 35 years:
- Archival Studies, Museum, Heritage, History, Library Information, or equivalent (Reference Number: 01/2018)
- International Relations, Politics or equivalent (Reference Number: 02/2018)
- Language Practice, Translation, Terminology, Language Planning and Terminology, Linguistics or equivalent (Reference Number: 03/2018)
- Performing Arts, Music, Dance, Drama, Art Management, Arts Education Fine Arts, Crafts or equivalent (Reference Number: 04/2018)
- Human Resource Management, Public Administration or equivalent (Reference Number: 05/2018)
- Drama, Music, Visual Arts, Heritage, equivalent Gender and Social Development or equivalent (Reference Number: 06/2018)
- Risk Management, Commerce, Auditing or equivalent (Reference Number: 07/2018)
- Heritage Studies, History or equivalent (Reference Number: 08/2018)
- Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent (Reference Number: 09/2018)
- Purchasing Management, Supply Chain Management, Public Management or equivalent (Reference Number: 10/2018)
- Information, Technology, Software Development, Web and Application Development or equivalent (Reference Number: 11/2018)
- Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, equivalent Marketing, Events Management (Reference Number: 12/2018)
- Information Technology, Software Development, Web and Application Development or equivalent (Reference Number: 13/2018)
- A BProc or LLB degree (Reference Number: 14/2018)
- Auditing, Forensic Investigation, Financial Auditing or equivalent (Reference Number: 15/2018)
- A National Higher Diploma or a B-Tech degree in any Build Environment (Reference Number: 16/2018)
- Public Administration or relevant qualification Bachelor of Commerce degree or a Diploma in Financial Management or equivalent (Reference Number: 17/2018)
- Public Administration or relevant qualification (Reference Number: 18/2018)
Qualifying people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries: Ms Emelda Baloyi/ Mr Mbudzeni Mashapha, 0823243736 Tel 012 441-3602/ 0823243736
How to apply
Closing date is 03 April 2018 at 12h00.
Applications must be submitted on a completed Z83 (download here) form obtainable from any Government department. Applications must be accompanied by a recent CV and certified copies of ID and qualifications (not older than three Months).
Please forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria, 0001. Applications can also be hand delivered to the Department of Arts and Culture, VWL Building, 202 Madiba Street, cnr Madiba and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria.
All interns will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (verification of educational qualifications, citizenship, criminal checks, financial standing). Correspondence will only be limited to successful candidates.
If you have not heard from us within 3 Months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.