Stats SA invites applications for 2018/19 Internship opportunities in various fields of study. Stats SA provides scientific knowledge that enables society to understand complex socio-economic phenomena. It draws its mandate from the Statistics Act, 1999 (Act No 6 of 1999).
To qualify for the Internship Programme, you must:
- Be an unemployed graduate aged between 20–35 years;
- Have completed a Degree/National Diploma (NQF 6) or Honours/ Masters Degree in the under-mentioned disciplines/ fields of study from accredited institutions of Higher Learning; and
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must not have participated in an Internship in the Public Service
- A three-year tertiary qualification (NQF 6) in the relevant fields.
- Applicants that still need to finish or qualify for a Degree or National Diploma should not apply.
Stats SA provides Internship in the following fields of study for 2018/19
- Statistics -Economics / Econometrics / Statistics / Social Sciences / Mathematical Statistics / Demography
- Economics – Population Studies / Demography / Statistics / Development Studies
- Demography -Population Studies / Demography / Statistics / Development Studies
- Geography – Geograpphy / Geomatics / GIS / Environmental Studies
- Systems Development and Analysis / ICT – IT / Computer Science / Financial IS / Programming / Software Development / Networking
- Supply Chain Management -Supply Chain Management / Purchasing Management
- Logistics – Logistics Management / TRansport Management / Transport Economics
- Human Resource Management – Human Resources Management / Industrial Psychology
- Finance -Financial Management / Accounting / Accounting Science / Cost and Management Accounting / Financial Accounting / Auditing
- Office Management -Office Administration / Public Administration
- Security Management -Security Management
- Governance (Risk Management; Fraud and Compliance; Governance and Policy Unit) -Risk Management / Accounting / Auditing / Policing / Fraud and Investigation / Forensic
- Legal -LLB
- Health & Safety- Environmental Health & Safety
- Marketing and Communications – Commiunications / Communications Science / Media Studies / Marketing
- Internal Audit – Internal Audit / Accounting / Finance
- Records Management – Record Archive Management / Information Science / Library Science
- A three-year tertiary qualification (NQF 6) in the above-mentioned fields. Applicants that still need to finish or qualify for a degree or National Diploma should not apply.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Closing date is 02 March 2018. Click here to apply online
- ● Applicants must attach a recent copy of the CV, certified copies of: Matric certificate, academic qualifications with academic transcripts (academic record) and ID ● Candidates wishing to apply for an Internship outside their areas of residence must be willing to find their own accommodation and transportation considering that they will be earning a stipend ● Failure to submit the requested documents/information will result in your application not being considered ● Applicants will be expected to be available for assessments and selection interviews at a time, date and place as determined by the Department ● It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) ● All appointments for internships are subject to verification and screening process ● Statistics South Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment ● Manual applications will not be accepted ● Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
Enquiries: Kindly contact Ms Zanele Khumalo on (012) 337 6371 or Sphiwe Ringane on (012) 310 8089
Stats SA endeavours to promote the careers of previously disadvantaged persons by applying the principles of appropriate legislation, e.g. Employment Equity Act, 1998