Parliament of South Africa(RSA) is contributing towards skills development by providing graduates with opportunities to gain work experience in various areas. Applications from unemployed graduates are invited for internship opportunities for 12 months. Applicants must have the relevant Degree/Diploma. Successful interns are expected to enter into a 12 month contract. The successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to gain experience in various business areas within the organisation.
Parliament’s vision is to build an effective People’s Parliament, thereby sourcing talent that can be nurtured, developed and retained to achieve its organizational objective.
Applications are invited from candidates in the following study fields
- Language Services – B Degree in Languages/ Applied Linguistics or Language Education (Reference
- Legal Services -LLB (Reference Code: LS-02)
- Research Services – Honours in the Humanities, Commerce, Science, Health Sciences (Reference Code: RS-02)
- Public Education – Education Degree with a Major in Political Science (Reference Code: PE-01)
- Parliamentary Committees -Bachelor’s Degree in any field related to Committee work, e.g. Public Administration (Reference Code:PC-03)
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) – B.Sc. in Computer Science, B Com in Information Systems (with a focus on business analysis, business process mapping or systems development); Diploma in IT, National Diploma in IT: Multi-Media applications (Reference Code: ICT-03)
- Broadcast and Sound Engineering- B Tech in Electrical Engineering / National Diploma in Electrical Engineering/Broadcast Engineering (Reference Code: BSE-01)
- Business Management – Honours Degree in any Business, Strategy, Monitoring and Evaluation related area (Reference CodeBM-01)
- Internal Audit – National Diploma in Internal Audit (BTech, added advantage)- (Reference Code: IA-03)
- Parliamentary Budget Office (Public Finance)- M.Com (Economics) ▪ M.Com ( Development Economics) ▪ Masters ( PPE) ▪ Masters in Finance or Masters in the field of Accounting (Reference Code: PBO-02)
- International Relations- BA Honours in Politics/ International Relations / Development Studies or a Degree/Diploma in Public Administration (Reference Code: IR-01)
- Political Science/Communication- Masters in Political Science; B. Degree or Diploma in Communication (Reference Code: PS-02)
- Communication, Multi Media and Information Science – B degree (e.g. B.Tech/BA) or National Diploma in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Graphic Design, Film and Television Production, Photography, Archiving/ Library and Information Science (Reference Code: CMMIS-04)
- Member’s Facilities – BCom in Accounting/Financial Management : BCom with Training and Development Speciality (Reference Code:MF-02)
- Procedural Services – B Degree (Law; Political Science, Public Administration) (Reference Code: PS-03)
- Human Resources – Degree/Honours in HRM, Behavioural Psychology related field (Reference Code: HR-01)
- Financial Management – Degree/Diploma in Financial Management/Accounting (Reference Code: FMO-02)
- Supply Chain Management – Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management & Logistics (Reference Code: SCM-03)
- Legislative Sector Support – B Degree in Public Management (Reference Code: LSS-02)
- Institutional Support – Degree/Diploma in Facilities Management and Fleet Management (Reference Code: ISS-02)
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Closing date is 9 April 2018 at 16h30.
Forward your CV, containing full personal and career details, certified copies of qualifications and ID to GraduateInternship@parliament.gov.za clearly reflecting the reference number and name of the position you are applying for in all communication. Candidates, who do not submit supporting documentation as requested will not be considered.
Parliament reserves the right not to make an appointment.If you do not receive any response within two months of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Regret correspondence will only be with the interviewed candidates.
N.B. Parliament is an equal opportunity employer and would therefore be guided by the principles of Employment Equity when considering the applications. People living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.