Apprenticeship Intake 2020
Mercedes Benz South Africa offers trade-related training for top achievers who show a strong interest in their field of study and who want to be trained in a world-class organisation. This training will be offered at the MBSA East London Learning Academy. Positions, subject to conditions being met, may be made available for persons wanting to pursue the following apprenticeship fields:
- Apprenticeship: Millwright
- Apprenticeship: Automotive (Motor Vehicle) Electrician
Applications are invited from individuals interested in studying any one of the above technical fields through an apprenticeship. To be considered, applicants must
- Strictly comply with all the application requirements laid out in this advert. Please note all points in the advert carefully
- Meet the minimum qualification requirements by the time the apprenticeship starts which are: A seven subject Grade 12/ Matric NCV 4 qualification with good results in Mathematics and Physical Science, inclusive of applicable related subjects such
- as Electrical Technology. Mechanical Technology, Automotive Repair and Maintenance, Engineering Graphics and Design etc
- Alternately – A minimum of a full four subject N3 Technical Certificate with supporting language subjects at a Grade 12/Matric level or NCV level 4 (in a related engineering field of study is required. Students currently in their final year of study in the qualifications mentioned here and in the previous point may apply
- Be a South African citizen and ensure compliance with company values and policies
- Note that meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee further selection or screening for any apprenticeship positions that may be offered by MBSA
All applications are invited, however the following will apply: Code of good practice on the employment of people with disabilities. People with disabilities may apply, as long as the requirements indicated above can be met.
How To Apply
- E-mail your application to the following e-mail: email@example.com. Applications by other means will not be considered .
- It is strongly recommended you send your attachments as PDF documents. Word documents may also be used but PDF is preferred. No zipped, exe, or other similar files are allowed as attachments and other file formats will be blocked. Applications with missing or blocked attachments will not be considered
- Please only send ONE e-mail with all your attachments on it. Multiple e-mails from the same applicant will not be considered. If the attachments size is to big please reduce them before sending to enable all your documents to be submitted in ONE e-mail . It is strongly recommended that attachments sent be submitted together as one PDF file to simplify processing of your application
- The total size of ALL submitted attachments per application may not exceed 6MB / six megabytes
- Ensure that your typed submitted documents such as your covering letter, CV, contact details, etc are typed in a minimum font size of 14 to ensure legibility of documents
- The first page of the application must include a covering letter which must quote the reference number TECH 2020 and clearly show your preferred field of training: Either Millwright, Electrician or Automotive Electrician. You are only allowed to apply for one trader apprenticeship
- Clearly state in the covering letter why you are interested in the apprenticeship you have indicated . All applicants who are currently writing Grade 12 must submit certified copies of their 1″ term 2019 Grade 12 results as well as certified copies of their final Grade 11 results
- All applicants who have completed Grade 12, NCV 4 or any other related higher qualification must submit their certificate / statement of results together with any other applicable qualification and ID
- Certified copies of all qualifications mentioned on the submitted CV must be included – not just the applicant’s highest qualifications
- All applicants who are currently studying NCV level 4 must submit copies of their NCV level 2 and 3 results, as well as their final year high school certificate results irrespective of the level achieved at high school
- Candidates may only apply for one apprenticeship field and must not submit more than one application
- The applicant’s CV, ID and all other applicable certificates examination results must be included .
- Please ensure that certification stamps do not obscure important details on submitted documents
- Ensure that clear certification stamps with signatures are visible on all documents such as Identity Document, all submitted Certificates examination results, etc.
Please note: If you have not been contacted by the end of September 2019 for further screening you should consider your application