Ever wanted to work at News24, City Press, YOU or FAIRLADY? Media24 has several internship positions for digitally savvy journalists at the Joburg and Cape Town offices of these business units. The internships are part of the Media24 Graduate Programme that starts in January next year.
Apply if you:
- Have a tertiary qualification in journalism or other relevant programme.
- Love stories and storytelling, no matter what format and platform.
- Can write like a dream, but are also interested in digital media and can have a full conversation using only emojis.
- Understand things such as SLR, GIF, CMS and TL;DNR.
- Are capable of producing engaging videos that can hold someone’s attention for more than 20 seconds.
- Are comfortable with shooting a video on a smartphone.
- Are curious about the world and its people, and in touch with what’s going on locally and internationally.
- Are hungry to learn and grow.
What we need:
- Excellent storytelling skills, in both word and video format.
- Good knowledge of WordPress.
- The ability to work fast and cope under pressure.
- The ability to find a fresh angle to a story.
- Excellent general knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- The ability to work in a team and take direction from an editor.
- Drive, energy and basic awesomeness.
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing stories for Media24 platforms, focusing on News24, City Press, DRUM, YOU, FAIRLADY, Daily Sun and The Witness.
- Working on social media platforms in various formats, especially video.
- Helping the online team with uploading content when required.
- Scouring the web for interesting stories that our audiences will love.
- Helping compile newsletters that our audiences will want to open.
- Helping the online team with producing/managing digital campaigns.
Candidates from the designated groups, including those with disabilities, will be given preference.
Apply On Company Site