Intern: Art Gallery (contract appointment: 1 year)
Duties and responsibilities:
Gain exposure in the following areas:
- Assist with the running of Gallery and Programme for Innovation in Artform Development (PIAD) projects.
- Assist with the sourcing of quotes for projects.
- Assist with the recording and cataloguing of exhibitions and projects.
- Assist with the development and presentation of education programmes.
- Conduct comprehensive research towards projects.
- Market projects on social media platforms.
- Report to Coordinator and Curator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts.
- A keen interest in contemporary art and community projects.
- Good communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Time management skills, adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
- Good computer and social media skills.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership / internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership / internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of 1 year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible
21 January 2019
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9161/3934/ 3687/3699.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department / division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter.
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all academic records;
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a certified copy (not older than 3 months) of your identity document (ID).
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click on Self Service, then on Recruiting, and then on Careers to apply online.