GIS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY X 03 12 MONTHS CONTRACT
SALARY SCALE: R150 000 PER ANNUM
Applications are hereby invited from dedicated and highly motivated people who have recently obtained a relevant three year tertiary qualification to participate in an GIS internship programme
- Assisting with the preparation, updating, and processing of data from hardcopy and digital sources.
- Assisting in checking and validating entries, referring to information sources to resolve anomalies/discrepancies and/or manipulating data characters to achieve consistency.
- Assisting in ensuring data is converted in a logical manner to information facilitating the access/retrieval sequences.
- Assisting in executing the compilation of map requirements for the GIS section.
- Assisting in compiling conceptual artistic impressions and designs as pre planning for formal designs as applicable and as required.
- Performing bureau plotting service on the plotting facility for both internal and external instances as required.
- Participating in orientation/participation site visits in order to acquaint with practical components of duties.
- Assisting in the manipulating and presenting available management information.
- Applying specific transaction processing programmes to update/change records.
- Attending to the production of information in various forms (reports, maps) used in analysis, discussion and decision making processes.
- Assisting in communicating and liaising with Government and Provincial departments, Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Private Sector, Consultants, and Business Sector.
- Providing technical administrative support to the development planning section
- Assisting the GIS Specialist with executing ad hoc projects.
- A valid Grade 12 certificate
- A Valid National Diploma in Development Planning or Civil Engineering or Cartography or Environmental and/ Public Management
- Computer literacy is essential
- Working knowledge of District Municipal environment and the development planning department
- Problem solving skills shown through innovative illustrated concepts and ideas
- Work under pressure and willingness to learn
- Infra and interpersonal skills and team player
- A Valid Drivers Licence will be an added advantage
- It must be noted that at the conclusion of the internship contract period, the municipality is neither obliged to extend the contract period nor to offer permanent employment.
- The canvassing of councillors and/or management in respect of this position will lead to disqualification of the applicant.
How to apply
Letters of application indicating the position being applied for, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications to be forwarded to: The Manager: Human Resources Ugu District Municipality, PO Box 33 (31 Bazley Street), PORT SHEPSTONE, 4240.
The closing date for applications will be 16h00, Wednesday,19 May 2021 (If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, regard your application as unsuccessful)
The Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and in this vein, appropriately qualifying women and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment